RTC Foods (ABN 40 089 380 227) (“RTC Foods”) is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service which includes protecting your privacy. We understand the importance placed on the privacy of your personal information.
- How we collect and use your personal information.
- Your right of access to your personal information.
- Your right to inspect and, where necessary, correct the personal information that we hold about you.
- Your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved.
- Your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. This includes any personal information about you no matter how it is recorded.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information to deliver the best possible service to our customers and to provide you with the products and services you requested.
Your personal information may also be used:
- to provide you with further information about the products and services you requested;
- for administration purposes, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to enquire about your personal financial history and credit worthiness if you are seeking to establish, or support the establishment of, a commercial credit account or support a party that is seeking to establish a commercial credit account with RTC Foods; and
- to promote and market other products and services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other products and services please notify us at the time of purchase or call (02) 4724 1000.
What personal information do we collect and use?
Personal information that we collect and use may include your name, date of birth, current address, email address, telephone numbers, credit card details, driver’s licence number, personal financial history, credit reports and other means of personal identification.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the product or service we provide to you or for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you feel that information about you is not accurate or your details have or are about to change, please inform us and we will correct or update your personal information.
If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis please tell us. If this is possible and lawful, we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and/or services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms or in our discussions with you, is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us.
In some situations we will obtain your personal information from third parties such as our related companies, external credit reporting agencies, credit card companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
When do we disclose your personal information?
For the purposes referred to in this policy we may disclose your personal information to external organisations including:
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you including mailing systems,
- marketing services and billing and debt recovery functions;
- credit reporting agencies;
- credit providers for credit related purposes;
- financial institutions;
- our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- our related companies.
- Do we send information overseas?
We do not usually send personal information out of Australia. If you need us to send information to another country we will do so with your consent. If we are otherwise required to send information overseas we will take measures to protect your personal information. We will protect your personal information either by ensuring that the country of destination has similar protections in relation to privacy or that we enter into contractual arrangements with the recipient of your personal information that safeguards your privacy.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Privacy Act (Cth). If you would like to access your personal information please follow the procedures set out in our Access Policy. Our Access Policy can be accessed below or by contacting our Privacy Officer. For security reasons, you will be required to put your request in writing and provide proof of your identity.
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information. Electronic information is protected by various security measures and access to information and databases is restricted to staff of RTC Foods that may need access to the information in order to perform their duties. All electronically captured customer data is passed through a secure site using encryption technology to ensure your personal information is protected if it is sent over the internet.
We have a Grievance Policy for dealing with your privacy complaints. The purpose of the policy is to ensure that any person that has a complaint with the way their personal information is collected, used, disclosed, stored and administered may lodge a complaint under the Grievance Policy. All complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with promptly. The Grievance Policy is our way of ensuring your privacy concerns are raised and addressed promptly. Our Grievance Policy can be accessed below or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
How to contact us
If you would like more information on privacy or have any questions in relation to this policy please contact our Privacy Officer. We can be contacted by telephone, email or mail as follows:
- RTC Foods Pty Ltd, PO Box 4388, Penrith Plaza, NSW 2750
- Telephone: (02) 4724 1000;
RTC Foods reserves the right to review, and if necessary, change this Policy